Ok, here's the deal. The Kermit Texas Airgun Club is
sponsoring a B3-2 contest. Using any variations of the B3-2 pictured
above, we will award certificates for the following:
See Current B3-2 Entries
- Best looking stock
- Most unusual stock
- Weirdest stock modifications
- Best of Show (overall looks)
- Best in Class (overall looks, tune, and
- Most accurate
- Highest average velocity
- Most tuned
- Craziest mod that actually worked :)
Most creative use for a dead B-3 or parts thereof
This contest does NOT include the AK look
alike B3 air rifle. Only the B3-2, B3-F, B4-2 and others that look like
the photo above. The B4-2 will be awarded separately on the velocity.
- You can use any B3-2/B4-2 you currently
have, or start a new project.
- You can submit more than one project.
- Targets can be mailed in or
scan. Targets will be shot at 20yards or 60feet.
Here is the target to use. If mailing the target in, send to Robert
Fischer 749 S. Ave. A Kermit, TX 79745
- You can bench rest if you like. (no
Photoshop editing the target)
- Chrony strings are "On Your Honor"
system. Send in a string of 10 shots with the average.
- You have to use the stock that comes
with the B3, but you can overlay wood/bondo/filler onto it.
- You don't have to enter all categories.
Just the ones you want to (ie: Most Unusual Stock or Most Tuned)
- There will be Honorable Mentions
- Be creative! Have fun! Be safe!
The deadline to submit your B3-2 photos,
targets, etc. is March 15th 2007. You can email your entries here -
Remember, this is totally for fun. Since
you can pick one of these air rifles up for around $20.00 and they are
very easy to work on, this should be a lot of fun! Please
me if you have any questions. Below are some links to good info on
working with the B3-2 and also where to purchase one. Entries will be
posted on this page below when they are received! Good luck & have FUN...
Russ Sauer B3-2 tuning guide
Rebuilding a B3-2
Make a cheap spring compressor for the B3-2
B-4-2 Scope rails
B3 B-4-2 Replacement Spring
B3 Owner's guide by R. Sauer
B3 Muzzle Brake by V. Palitang
B3/B4 leather to synthetic piston seal adapter
WEBSITES SELLING THE B3-2